Sunday, March 18, 2007

Our New Pediatrician, sort of.

Okay, so I've been thinking more and more about looking into getting a pediatrician for Chani once we bring her home. Lisa F. had found one that she really seemed fond of and he was about 1/2 way between her and us so I thought why not, I'd check him out too. I called him up and made the appointment for a "Meet and Greet." The only time they do this is at 8AM. Needless to say, Matt wasn't too impressed but he forced himself out of bed and tagged along with me. We drove and missed the turn and had to use his blackberry to figure out where the office was located. We finally made it to the place, but we were still on time, yeah us! In the office, they have separate waiting rooms for sick kids, well kids, infants, teens, etc. It was really nice how they had it all set up. The doc comes into the waiting room, greets us and takes us back to his office. He really was super nice and he seemed to know about Chinese adoptions so we were pretty impressed with him. I only wish that they were closer to us and Matt thinks that we need to find one that is. I told him that I would go again to another one, IF he would do the legwork and find one and get it all set up. I'll keep this one and use him as a back up plan because I know my husband and he'll wait until the last minute if he does it at all. So, even though we have met him and have one, it seems pointless now since he's too far away. Our search continues...

6 comments:

amy said...

I am so glad you have been active in this!. There is a pediatrician on the street next to ours off of Bells Ferry. I met him at the hospital and spoke to moms of Chinese children and they love the group..

Looking forward to reading more of your blog

amy

Mick & James said...

Oh thanks for reminding me... I still have this on my "TD" List.

stephanie said...

Heh, Matt sounds a lot like Jason! Good luck with that.

Yes, Minister... said...

We have a great pediatrician on Chastain -- he is right by Town Park.

Lisa and Doug said...

At least you have a backup now! Matt better get a move on - LOL!

Chalice Lindgren said...

The separation of waiting rooms seems to be a good idea. But, I still prefer having just two rooms: one for the sick and one for the infants, children, and teens. That way, they will be able to meet each other. Kids of different ages can make friends and, at the same time, it develops their personality.

[Chalice Lindgren]