Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Discouraged

I am sooo ready for my little girl yet I'm feeling so far away. 63 days of an LID count down doesn't sound like much but when you're waiting for a life change, it's an eternity. I try really hard to stay positive and focus on now and not on what I can't change. I feel like I'm living in a fantasy of having my little girl and this has become my life. It doesn't even seem real anymore. It doesn't even seem like it will happen. I know everyone says that it will and to stay positive. You'll soon forget the long agonizing wait once she is here. I've been waiting 412 days and there is no end in sight. I get a little bit of encouragement and then my hopes get smashed once again. I'm living life on hold and I hate this. I need some good news on the referral front for a change.

6 comments:

Made in China said...

Hang in there girl!! I promisse, you WILL get there!!

Remember that somehow you will be matched withe child that is meant to be yours and when you look back on this process you will see that it was exactly the way it was supposed to be.

Julie

Cindy and Brent said...

I also have those days where it all seems so unreal and that we are living in a very strange dream. But as each month goes by it seems to become more tangible. I say that whenever you are in doubt, a little retail therapy may be in order!

Mick & James said...

Ain't that the truth. It's like waiting for Godot.

Redheaded Chick said...

Oh Kathy, I am so sorry. I wish I knew what to say...it is incredibly hard. Just try to keep in mind that we have gotten through so far and there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if it seems quite dim!

Lisa and Doug said...

I am so sorry you are feeling down. I know this wait is so trying. But, it will end and the end result will be so worth it!

stephanie said...

I'm sorry you're feeling down and I wish I could say the right thing to make it better. Maybe I'm too knew at this but I still believe there will a huge month of referrals soon :).