Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving


One year ago today if you would have told me that Chani wouldn't be here with me, I would have told you, no way. Well, here I am again, going through the holidays without my little girl. Will she be with me next Thanksgiving? Who knows. I assume that she will be. I hope that she will be but then again, I said those same things last year. I guess I'll just stick with assuming that she'll be here next year.

I am thankful for several things. Matt being at the top of the list. Without him, none of this adoption stuff would be happening. He has been so laid back through all of this and goes with the flow. He's my very best friend and I love him with all my heart. My inner circle of friends comes next and you know who you are. Without them, I'd be a total wreck. My mom and Matt's parents are right up there too. They have given us so much support through all this wait too. And then, I'm thankful for all the usual things like health, life, and of course, Shad and Bindi.

Today we are going to have a feast with our dear friends Mick and James . We're really looking forward to having turkey and all the fixings with them today.

2 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving Kath! We WILL have our little girls next Thanksgiving.

I'll be seeing you Sunday!

Mick & James said...

Thanks for coming! We really enjoyed your company. It was good just chatting with you.
Now, all that is left are left-overs and I'm hung over... LMAO