Saturday, November 25, 2006

Black Friday

Okay so yesterday was the day to go shopping. A day that I refuse to go out and get shoved around with so many people. No bargain, in my opinion is worth all of that. Neither does Matt. He usually waits until Christmas Eve to go shopping or does all his ordering online. But this year was different. He told me he had to go shopping because he would be able to save a ton of money. I guess it was all the ads that he and James went through after dinner on Thursday. Either that or something in the turkey!



Anyway, he was up about 8:30 which is very early for him. He usually gets up around 11:00 or noon. I was a bit surprised to see him all showered and dressed so early. He had already clipped the coupons so with them in hand, off he goes, spending most of the day shopping. He said he actually had a lot of fun and the stores he went to (he refuses to tell me which ones) weren't packed and he didn't wait in line much at all. He stayed away from the mall and he even picked up some things for Anna. Another weird thing because he usually leaves all other gifts to me to purchase.

Meanwhile, Anna and I stay at home, bringing up tons of boxes of Christmas decorations from the basement and digging into them. She asks me if everyone is this crazy with decorating for the holidays of if it was just me??? Wellllll, I've been collecting things for many years and have a lot of things, all with stories behind them which mean a lot to me so I always put them out. Crazy? Could be, probably so, but I don't care. It's Christmas!!

Now today, Matt is staying home to put up outside lights and hopefully the tree. Anna and I are going to hit the stores for some shopping, at least a little bit.

Mick and James - Thank you very much for having us over for dinner. You guys outdid yourself with all the food. It was soooo good. I really enjoyed just sitting on the porch and talking with you Mick and we'll plan on it again next year with the girls! I also want to know what you put in that turkey to make Matt want to go shopping!!

1 comment:

Mick & James said...

Bwah ha ha... who knows what was in that turkey, but James went to the Bass Pro Shop and said it was a mad house... yeah, thank goodness I had to work!!!
I can bring more turkey if you want later today.... GRIN.