Friday, October 27, 2006

Waiting, waiting and waiting

It seems like this wait will never end. I've been reading other blogs and it seems that everyone is tired of the endless wait.

Today I attempted to call our local USCIS office only to be put on hold for 30 minutes. I sit and wait and wait until I finally talk to a second person who informed me that there was no way she could give me the information. She said I would have to request that information in writing from the office I sent it to. I told her that I have been waiting for four weeks now for them to respond to me in writing and wanted to know how much longer would I have to wait. She said about six weeks. So, again, I am no where except being discouraged. I guess it's not that important that I get my prints redone this soon. I'm also really glad that I didn't wait to the last minute and get all stressed out over it, especially since it's taking so long. So, I'll just sit back and wait some more I suppose. My original prints expire tomorrow so I'll be without valid prints for awhile. Not a comforting thought. I just hope that this will be the last time I have to go through all this trouble with this adoption.

Matt's father just left this morning. I didn't even hear him leave, he was so quite. While he was here, he invited us up for Thanksgiving again this year. We're contemplating it. It would be good for Anna.

1 comment:

Doug Felteau said...

twenty eight minutes now I've waited
because the US CIS has me baited
listening to the on hold musical flute
for a call, according to your blog, will be moot.

thirty-one and a half minutes have passed,
I've been on so long I feel like I'm on a fast
with another message about losing my green card,
why does the US CIS make this so hard?

thirty five minutes have come and gone
and I starting to wonder if I can break the bond
of the telephone and my ear which are stuck together
is this purgatory? will I be on forever?

now my blood pressure has risen and I'm quite flushed
I hang up the phone and I cussed and cussed!
time for some alcohol and become mellow
Oh wait... did someone just say "hello?"