Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Very first Mammogram

Today I went and had my first mammogram. My doctor had wanted me to get one about a year ago but I put it off. I had heard stories of it hurting so I didn't want to get it done. Since I need to go back to my doctor to update my home study medical, I thought I may as well go and get one done. It wasn't painful at all. They just put each side in a machine and squeezed a little. Not much too it.

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. If you read my blog, are around 40 or over (I'm 38), please go and have one done. It could save your life!

My dear friend Mick is walking in The Atlanta Breast Cancer 3-Day walk this weekend to honor lives lost, celebrate survivors, promote breast cancer research, and help bring breast cancer care to those who so desperately need it for the Susan G Koman Foundation. If you can spare a few dollars, please click HERE to donate to her fundraising. Thank you!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I'm 38.... (ok 38 1/2). I too made my appt. It is November 2nd. I have been putting it off - doctor wanted me to do it at 35. I'm scared too - but promised myself that I will go thru with it this time. Good to hear that it didn't hurt too bad.