Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

Today is Halloween, one of my favorite holidays. The house is all spooky and here I sit, waiting until it gets dark enough for the little munchkins to come a knocking. I'm doubtful that we'll get very many this year as we don't have many neighbors yet. I hope for a few anyway. Next year we should get more but we'll actually have a little one to take door to door. I've been waiting a very long time to be able to do this with my own child. It's going to be sooo much fun with her. I already have a costume picked out!

This year I had several Halloween drinking cups left over from the party so I filled them with candy and I'll give each kid one of those.

It will be nice tomorrow though when I can take down all the decorations and get them out for Thanksgiving. I don't have nearly as many turkeys as pumpkins but it will be a nice change.

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Happy Halloween and happy 11 months! :-)

Lisa~~ said...

Because of you I had to count the number of kiddies that came to the door. Forty-seven trick-or-treaters now have tubs of play-doh, which was a a big hit!

Matt and Kathy said...

LOL Lisa! I can't believe that I've been doing that for 20 years, this year. We took the leftover drinking cups and filled them with candy but we only had 9 come to the door this year. Hopefully by the time all the houses fill up, we'll have tons more. You had quite a few! I may try the play-doh next year, that's a great idea.

Lisa and Doug said...

Happy Halloween! I didn't do an exact count, but we must have had about 50 kids come to our door. It was great!

I can't wait till I have my little one at Halloween next year either!

Cindy said...

Kathy - I just wanted to say a belated "thank you" for hosting the party last week. It is always nice to meet other waiting families, especially those with LIDs near ours. Who knows, maybe we will be in China together!