Saturday, September 02, 2006

Dad's Memorial Tree






Yesterday was a bitter sweet day for me. First the official notice from CCAA that we were through review. The bitter part was that it was my Dad's one year anniversary of his death. It was a hard day at times. We decided to plant a tree in his memory. We ended up at the Home Depot Landscaping store. They had tons of trees to choose from. We chose a Wisteria, brought it home and I dug the first part of the hole. Matt then took over and finished it out for me. The first two photos were my contribution. We then planted it and Matt had to water and do the clean up because I had to go and take Anna to the football game!

I think once it starts to grow, we will mound up around it, plant flowers and mulch.

2 comments:

Made in China said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dad!!
p.s. I see that today is your 9 month LID-aversary!!! (Sept. 3)

Julie B.

Lisa and Doug said...

I am so sorry that you had such a sad day. The tree is beautiful and a wonderful memorial for your dad.