Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What a nightmare!

Today I decided to head to a HUGE consignment sale over at the Gwinett Fairgrounds. Of course, I had to be there first thing when they opened the doors or so I would have liked to have been. However, timing didn't work out so well. I first hit some traffic and then ended up getting lost. I was meeting Jackie there around 9:30 so when she called to say she was on the way, she happened to be very close to where I was. I stayed put and she came to get me and led me the rest of the way. Whew!
We shopped for about two hours and only got through one building. We headed towards the end of the line which wound around and around and around. We were able to leave and go search for other goodies so the wait time wasn't too bad. Once we passed into the cashier's room, I though it would be a breeze there. Boy was I wrong. We waited and waited in there as well. Once we were called up to get the tags cut off, we had to go wait in another line to go and pay. We waited FOUR hours in line. It went rather quickly though until the very last part in the cashier's room. They were shorthanded so that didn't help.
Jackie then led me to Hwy 20 so I could find my way back home then, along with more traffic.
It was a long day but FOUR hours?? I think it's time for Chani to arrive!!

1 comment:

Lisa and Doug said...

It sounds like you had quite a day! 4 hours is such a long time to have to wait in line! Hope you at least found some cool goodies to bring home!