Thursday, August 24, 2006

Another update

Talked to Whitney again and this time she cleared up a lot for me. The home study is valid for 18 months. I do not have to redo it unless my agency asks me to or if China requests it. My prints do expire on 10/28 so on 9/28, or there about, I will send in my check to redo them. My 797C expires on 3/24/2007. She said around 15 months is when I should look into redoing that. Therefore, 12/24/2006 is the magical day. If I do NOT receive a referral by end of Dec, I will need to redo all of that. In the meantime, I should be receiving an update packet from Whitney. In it are all the required documents that I will need to update if it comes to that. She said to go ahead and time it so I could have it all done by early February. IF, and that's a big if, we receive our referral this year, all I will need to do is an amendment to change our address and update any information. This is a single document that I will just take to China with me. This one costs $90/hr and should take about two hours. If I have to do the entire update, it will cost $350 plus all the supporting documents like physicals, local police clearance, etc. It will involve another 5 page or so document. I do not have to redo the GA fingerprints though. - As of now, it's looking like China is 13-14 months so unless they speed up, it's not looking good.

1 comment:

Lisa and Doug said...

I am pretty sure I am going to have to do this all over again! Oh fun...