Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Review Room/Anna/Matt's Parents

Today I found out that three families out of 23 in our travel group have been contacted for more information. It was also posted that the remainder 20 have already been reviewed. Yeah!!! A bit of good news for a change. We will remain in the review room until it's time to be matched. As of today, we are at a 12-13 month wait. I did some review of my paperwork and found out that my I-797C (immigration file) expires on 3/24/07. If we don't receive a referral by 11/24/06, our agency states that we'll need to redo it. Our fingerprints will expire 10/28/06 and will absolutely need updated. Hopefully we'll receive our referral at 12 months which will be in November. I really don't want to go to all that expense again, not to mention time and hassle.

We found a way to help pass the time until referral. We have decided to host a foreign exchange student. Her name is Anna and we are waiting to hear if the school district will approve her. Once that is done, we can start exchanging emails. I will also convert the guest room into a room for her. Our friends Susan and Bill are hosting a girl too. It should be quite fun and a great distraction. I hope to learn a lot about Taiwan, China and Asia in general. I can't wait to teach her about America.

We just had Matt's parents here for the weekend. For Father's Day, we awoke early and went for breakfast at IHOP. We then went to the aquarium and the new Ikea store and then had dinner at Winchester Woodfire Grill. It was a day of firsts for us. It was a bit sad when they left as now I have no one to drink coffee with me in the mornings.

No comments: