Friday, June 30, 2006

No more worries

It's been nearly three weeks now since we've agreed to host a student. I'm feeling a little bit in the dark about it. School registration is July 18th and begins on August 1st. That doesn't leave much time to get things done.

I did just find out that she has to approve us as well. I had been wondering about that and wondered what she would think of us, the house, the community, the school, etc. I'm glad that she does get the choice of whether or not to accept us as well. I hope she does because I'm really excited to have her come. I want to take her shopping for school and introduce her to my friends. I want to learn so much from her and about her life in Taiwan. This will be an awesome experience for us as well as for her.

I suppose this is a little like what the wait will be after the referral call for Chani. I know that her wait will be quite a bit more intense. The not knowing is the hardest part. I tried to plan a trip before Anna's arrival but can't since I don't know for sure when that will be. So, I continue to wait and have put her registration packet in the drawer, half complete. I would hope that the program would enroll her and take care of all those things.

On a positive note, not taking a trip will give Matt more time he needs to work on the closets!!!

1 comment:

Mick & James said...

Yeah, and then we need some work on our closets as well.

Have a great week! :)